Passive House Explained

 

Our Modulars are all built with Passive House in mind, the criteria for such buildings can be found below.

 

Sufficient Thermal Insulation

The best way to describe the insulation is like a very warm jacket in winter that keeps you warm. The Steel on the containers and of course the thick insulation in our modulars act like a jacket!

 

Fully Hermetic

Passive houses do not have any gaps for which heat can escape. Even after all the insulation and triple glazing is installed, any gap in the structure is carefully sealed with special insulation tape.

 

Without Thermal Bridges

Thermal bridging is created when materials of low thermal characteristics obstruct heat flow through an area. Only materials that have high heat retention properties are used in our containers ensuring no obstructed heat flow.

 

High-Quality Triple Pane Insulated Glazing

The triple glazing serves as energy collectors, helping buildings maintain heat even in the winter months.

Correct Location of the Building

The house should be located so that the sun shines through the large window in the winter, whilst in the summer a shadow is formed under a window overhang to prevent the house from heating up.

 

Air Ventilation with Recovery

The Ventilation ensures there is fresh air pumped into the house all year round. This technology also prevents heat from escaping.


Heating Energy Consumption of Passive House Vs Conventional



Where is Passive House heat generated from?

Passive houses use approximately 90% less energy than a standard house. The remaining 10% is made up of the below:

- Heat Generated from the Body of the Inhabitants

- Solar Radiation through windows

- Household appliances releasing heat, e.g lighting, tv, washing machine

- a ventilation system that keeps the air evenly warm

- a decorative wood-burning fireplace or small electric radiators.